2.3.09

the black swan

The sun is fallen and it lies in blood
The moon is weaving bandages of gold
O Black Swan where oh where is my lover gone
Where oh where is my lover gone

Torn and tattered is my bridal gown and my lamp is lost
With silver needles and with silver threads
The stars stitch a shroud for the dying sun
O Black Swan where oh where has my lover gone

Don't you hear your lover moan
Eyes of glass and feet of stone
Shells for teeth and weeds for tongue
Deep, deep down in the river's bed
He's looking for the ring
Eyes wide open, never asleep
He's looking for the ring

The spools unravel and the needles break
The sun is buried and the stars weep
O black wave, O black wave, take me away with you
Take me down to my wand'ring lover
With my child unborn
With my child unborn.

-Il est tombe le soleil sanglant

No comments: