27.8.11

the way is to climb


Dear Fate,

You may tear the flesh from my chest piece by piece, leaving me with naught but a bloody mess
You can cut everything I love into jagged shards, so that I become blind and cannot see the end
And you may steal everyone I hold dear, so all that's left would seem a dim fragment of a woman once known vibrant

But you will never conquer me. You will never take my memories, or my love, or my hope. You may not have them.
They are mine to keep. I can now only wait for hope to flee Pandora's box. There is always hope.


"the way is to climb
the way is to lie still
and let the moon do its work on your body

and then to rise
through forests and oceans of lives
and through the way of the black rocks, splitting, wide,
and flow
ten thousand miles."

well, i've had enough,
wasting my body, my life
I'LL COME AWAY, COME AWAY FROM THE SHALLOWS-

but can this sullen child,
as bound as the ox that i ride,
climb to the heart of the white wind, singing, high,
and blow
through my frozen eyes?"

No comments: