10.6.10

No one ever told me that grief felt so like fear


"[Pain] removes the veil; it plants the flag of truth within the fortress of a rebel soul."

--Clive Staples Lewis, The Problem of Pain

butterfly kisses
little girl dances
brushing my hair 100 times

taking me to soccer
letting me paint my room
and sitting in your big chevy

fighting about boys
fighting about church
fighting about everything

realizing the hugs are few and far between
needing the i love yous
and flying away far too many times

what can i do now
your body withers away, and i cannot save you
you touched my face for the first time when i left
i fear i've flown away too many nights

please please please humble me
humble my family
but not this way,
there's got to be another way
please don't take him
i'll do anything

No comments: