4.4.09

seeking a stillness that will not and never yield.

playing this old song it has been done before
salt like after a cold kiss not sure how to proceed
stop at the gas station choose your poison
then retreat quickly-it's no use-head for the word
watch some frames and wait for the next thing

thrash the beaten guitar against the wall becausebecausebecausebecause
where's the point in this anyway?

oh, thank you for the record
you're right. it is one of my favourites.

i wonder how many miles i can run
how many humans i can please
how many wretched and safe-oh heart they are all so miserably safe-songs i can sing

these god forsaken chords are bruising my fingers
and making my eyes bleed
your hands they move and but i shall never touch them

BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD

2 comments:

Savannah Lauren said...

This gets my heart, by the way.

Diana said...

got mine too. thanks girl :_)