22.4.09

these chasing furies daunt me still and yet-


too much wind on my face and i'm losing it all or actually
i believe i might be going forward:
except that nothing i create will ever be good enough for you
nothing could ever earn that respect
nothing could be that far removed from the box

what would happen if i realized i didn't need it
what would occur if i left something bigger fill this god-shaped hole
(oh how i love to fill it
with the dirty fleshes of now)

what if i didn't give in to it-
what if i told it to scram because i'd found something, lasts forever,
or rather, it had found me?

these chasing furies daunt me still
and yet i have seen the end and
i will not back down

3 comments:

Savvy said...

standing resolute. i like it. :)

megannn. said...

this may possibly be my favorite of all. it resonates with me in more ways than you will ever know. thankyou for your vulnerability.

Diana said...

thank you for standing witness to this flawed vulnerability. it means more than you know.